Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll Never Forget You (UK: The House in the Square)

Go down

I'll Never Forget You (UK:  The House in the Square) Empty I'll Never Forget You (UK: The House in the Square)

Post by Bruce R Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Really enjoyed the 1951 Drama/Fantasy/Romance I"LL NEVER FORGET YOU (UK:  THE HOUSE IN THE SQUARE) starring Tyrone Power, Ann Blyth, Michael Rennie, Dennis Price, Raymond Huntley, Beatrice Campbell and Irene Browne.

I'll NEVER FORGET YOU is remake of 1933's BERKELEY SQUARE (which I haven't viewed and don't have, which stars Leslie Howard and Heather Angel).  Tyrone Power is an American atomic scientist working in London. He lives in an ancestral home which dates back to the 18th century which he has left pretty much as it was. He desperately wants to go back in time and believes he can do so.  Late one rainy evening, Power is struck down by lightning just as he enters his home. When he awakens, he finds himself transported back to the 1700s, in the person of his own ancestor. As he falls in love with his beautiful cousin Ann Blyth, Power tries to bring some 20th century technology to his "backward" ancestors. Branded as a lunatic for his "hallucinations" of the future, Power is about to be carted off to the looney bin when...well, you don't want any spoilers do you?

This is an above average film with a 7.3 rating on IMDb.

Definitely recommended.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down