Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Peeping Tom

Go down

The Peeping Tom Empty The Peeping Tom

Post by Bruce R Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:09 pm

If there were any truth-in-titling, the 1960 Brit film noir THE PEEPING TOM would have been THE PEEPING & SICKO TOM.

The film stars Karlheinz Bohm, Moira Shearer, Anna Massey, Maxine Audley and Brenda Bruce.  Not exactly household names, eh?!

When initially released, this film effectively destroyed Michael Powell's career.  But later on, it has come to regarded as a masterpiece. 

I will agree that it's well done but my wife and I just didn't find it an enjoyable film.  However, most of humanity disagree with us on this one as it's 7.9 on IMDb and Keaney gave it a sky-high 4.5 out of 5.

Karlheinz Bohm stars as Mark, the son of a psychologist who used his son as a guinea pig for his research. This included shining a flash light in his face when he was asleep while putting a lizard on his covers to wake up to.  Good ole Dad!

Any surprise the kid grew up twisted??!!  Mark also becomes a photographer but specializes in women whom he murders while filming them.  He then views the films of his victims so that he can enjoy their reactions to being terrified to death before actually being murdered.  

The British press has not taken kindly to the unorthodox films of Powell.  I have to agree with them--at least on this one.

I would be most interested in the opinion of those who have viewed the film.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum