Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Harding, Counterspy

2 posters

Go down

David Harding, Counterspy Empty David Harding, Counterspy

Post by Bruce R Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm

The 1950 DAVID HARDING, COUNTERSPY is listed in the following categories:  Action, Adventure, Crime, Drama, Romance and War.  Yet it was commercially released by VCI Entertainment in their Forgotten Noir Collection 3, Vol. 7.  Go figure!

It stars Willard Parker, Audrey Long, Howard St. John, Fred Sears and Raymond Greenleaf.

This film was based on the popular radio series David Harding, Counterspy. Howard St. John plays Harding, with actor/director Fred Sears co-starring as Harding's assistant Peters. Most of the film is carried by Willard Parker as Jerry Baldwin, a navy commander assigned to root out saboteurs in a torpedo factory. Falling in love with Betty Iverson (Audrey Long), the widow of his murdered predecessor, Baldwin is makes some very disturbing discoveries.

The film has that early-50's feel to it and it starts out a bit slow but picks up in the last third.

Nothing special here with an IMDb rating of 5.8.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

David Harding, Counterspy Empty Re: David Harding, Counterspy

Post by Chris Ellis Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I have seen this film and agree with your assessment...there is a second film or sequel also released in 1950 with Howard St. John called Counterspy Meets Scotland Yard, which I think is also available in one of these Film Noir DVD collections. Chris.
David Harding, Counterspy Davidhardingtcb

Chris Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce R Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

I've seen that one too.  My notes are "Not bad for what it is.  Has a very young (21 years old) Amanda Blake in it."

Again, it's an OK film, but I wouldn't knock myself out trying to find a copy if I didn't have one.

Bruce R

P.S.  Nice lobby card!

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum