Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accomplice

Go down

Accomplice Empty Accomplice

Post by Bruce R Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 pm

The 1946 noir ACCOMPLICE is another noir suitable for the trash bin.  It "stars" Richard Arlen, Veda Ann Borg, Tom Dugan and Archie Manners.

Accomplice was the "pilot" for a proposed PRC series based on Frank Gruber's short-tempered detective hero Simon Lash. While Richard Arlen plays Lash as written--nasty and antisocial, the production values on this film are terrible.  If there is one thing that really bothers me is a sound track that has nothing to do with the film.

Socialite Joyce Bonniwell (Veda Ann Borg) hires Lash to located her missing husband Jim (Edward Earle). The fact that Joyce is Lash's former sweetheart heightens the detective's interest in the case.  A few murders later and things are resolved.

Admittedly, the copy I viewed was not great so that doesn't add to the enjoyment of viewing the film, but the sound track fiasco did it for me.

Keaney gave ACCOMPLICE a 1.5 (too high, IMO) while IMDb comes in at 5.4--more realistic.

Not recommended.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum