Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiss the Blood Off My Hands

Go down

Kiss the Blood Off My Hands Empty Kiss the Blood Off My Hands

Post by Bruce R Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:33 pm

The 1948 noir, KISS THE BLOOD OFF MY HANDS is an average, but solid noir.  It stars Burt Lancaster, Joan Fontaine and Robert Newton.

Bill Saunders (Burt Lancaster) is a former prisoner of war living in England who is emotionally unstable and has a very short fuse. One night, while drinking in a pub, he gets into an argument with the owner which quickly escalates into a brutal fist fight; Bill winds up killing the owner (accidentally) and flees with the police giving chase. He is given shelter by Jane Wharton (Joan Fontaine), a kind-hearted nurse who believes Bill when he tells her that the killing was an accident. Bill soon gets in a fight with a policeman and ends up in jail, but Jane, who has fallen in love with Bill, still has faith in him, and upon his release she finds him a job driving a truck delivering drugs for the clinic where she works. Enter career criminal (and obnoxious) Harry Carter (Robert Newton) to blackmail him into one of his thefts when Saunders really does want to go straight. It's touch-and-go for the lovebirds while trying to make a new life for themselves.

Both Lancaster and Fontaine do an admirable job in this one.  Keaney gives it a 2.0 & it's a 6.9 on IMDb.  I agree.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down