Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Blondes

2 posters

Go down

Dangerous Blondes Empty Dangerous Blondes

Post by Bruce R Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 am

Somewhat enjoyed the 1943 Comedy/Crime/Drama DANGEROUS BLONDES starring a cavalcade of our favorite character actors.

It's somewhat of a wacky Nick & Nora knock-off that I found very tough to follow as everyone was dashing about.

To be fair I was a bit tired and that certainly contributed to it, but the clues were flying to & fro, so without a score card--good luck with this one.

One positive was that the copy I had recorded was quite crisp. This one is not easy to find. Neither Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube or ClassicFlix have a copy.

I don't have a copy in my collection but Tink's Rare Film Vault will sell you an MOD copy for $9.99. Have no idea the quality of the dvd: http://tinksrarefilmvault.mysimplestore.com/products/dangerous-blondes

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Blondes Empty Re: Dangerous Blondes

Post by garyleeoz Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:55 am

Tink's disc isn't an official "Manufactured On Demand" release (I Googled "Dangerous Blondes" to see if it was ever officially released by Columbia/Sony. Unfortunately it hasn't been).

BlackHangman (who used to post on the old mysterymovies.com forum) also has a copy.

The movie was shown on TCM (USA) in April 2007 and maybe in 2013 ? I don't know if it has been shown since then. Maybe it's time for another screening ?

I also notice that Tink offers "Strange Affair" (1944) which is another detective/crime movie with Allyn Joslyn and Evelyn Keyes (playing characters with different names to the ones in DB) and this movie has been officially released as an M-O-D. Tink's copy is listed as $9.99 whereas the list price for a MOD is usually over $20 ... so Tink's is likely to be a
"gray market" print.

garyleeoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce R Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:31 am

The 1944 STRANGE AFFAIR has been released by Columbia.

Haven't viewed it yet, but thanks for the reminder about this film.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Post by garyleeoz Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:36 am

I finally got to watch both Dangerous Blondes and Strange Affair ... both from TCM (USA) broadcasts with Robert Osbourne offering his after thoughts. I thought "Dangerous Blondes" had the better mystery storyline (although I still have some reservations about that apparent suicide) whereas "Strange Affair" was funnier (it's good to see Shemp Howard at the beginning).

ps. 2 or 3 of the Blondes looked very similar so I wasn't always sure who was who.

garyleeoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum