Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Tomorrow

2 posters

Go down

Beyond Tomorrow Empty Beyond Tomorrow

Post by Bruce R Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the 1940 BEYOND TOMORROW starring a bevy of our favorite actors: C. Aubrey Smith, Harry Carey, Charles Winniger, Maria Ouspenskaya, Helen Vinson, Jean Parker, Rod La Rocque and a very young Richard Carlson (complete with an excellent Texas accent).

It had been over 10 years since I last viewed the film, and to be honest, did not remember it at all. We were casting about on Amazon Prime for a Christmas film and decided on this title.

Here's a synopsis:

Harry Carey Sr., C. Aubrey Smith and Charles Winninger play three wealthy bachelors who have spent their lives wrapped up in themselves. Left all alone on Christmas eve, the elderly trio invite a couple of strangers to dinner: misplaced cowpoke Richard Carlson and pretty, but aimless, Jean Parker. Hoping that they've accomplished a bit of matchmaking, the three old duffers board a plane and head off to an important business meeting. The plane crashes, killing all three men. They return to their mansion as ghosts, only to discover that Carlson is making the same mistake they made: he's allowing his drive for success to override his affection for Parker. Feeling as though they won't be welcome in Heaven until they rectify this situation, Carey, Smith, and Winninger stick around to set things right.

I'd highly recommend this charming film, especially at this time of year.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Beyond Tomorrow Empty Re: Beyond Tomorrow

Post by garyleeoz Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 am

It's on my "watch list". Youtube also has a copy but it probably isn't as good quality as Amazon Prime.

garyleeoz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum