Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night of Mystery

2 posters

Go down

Night of Mystery Empty Night of Mystery

Post by Bruce R Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:55 pm

Even month I check the TCM schedule for a few films I'd like to get copies of, either because I don't have them or would like to upgrade quality.

A long missing film in the Philo Vance series has been the 1937 entry, NIGHT OF MYSTERY starring Grant Richards.

On a lark I thought I would Google the title and see what shows up.  Lo and behold, a company named DVD Planet Store has a dvd for sale for US$25 and describes its source as a "master print".

Considering I don't have the film at all, I'll probably give a go.  But I was wondering if anyone had any info on this dvd from DVD Planet Store.

In the meantime, I'm going to email them and get more info.

Happy New Year!

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Night of Mystery Empty Re: Night of Mystery

Post by Chris Ellis Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:43 am

HI Bruce: Did you contact them and manage to get a copy of this film? Cheers, Chris.

Chris Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce R Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:17 pm

Chris, I placed the order and then found out they wanted US$45 for postage.  That was certainly a non-starter.  I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for postage, but US$45 for a dvd???  Even if it is from Pakistan.  And, that's assuming they're legit.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Ellis Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Thanks Bruce! Well we may see it one day...I know they have a copy of the film in the UCLA film archives.....Chris.

Chris Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce R Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:45 pm

So I've heard.  I missed an opportunity to view it even though I was practicing in Westwood Village, just minutes south of the UCLA campus.  

I did use their resources when I first started in terms of information on films.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum