Charlie Chan Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charlie Chan Movies

Post by TheArcher on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:39 pm

I have been a big fan of the ole Charlie Chan movies and the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies. Love to watch the 30's & 40's Serials. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TheArcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charlie Chan Movies

Post by John Betancourt on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Charlie Chan remains my favorite of all the B-movie detectives. I used to watch them at midnight on Saturday nights at a kid (they aired on Philadelphia's UHF channel 48...unfortunately, before VCRs or DVRs, so I had to watch them live! Needless to say, it was WAY past my bedtime...)

Charlie Chan at the Circus was my favorite then (and it took me forever to track down a copy when I wanted to rewatch it in the 1990s). These days I like the Warner Oland movies best as far as story, but Sidney Toler remains my favorite Charlie.

-- John
John Betancourt
Admin

View user profile http://wildsidepress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Charlie Chan Movies

Post by changeling on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:27 pm

My big sis used to stay up waiting for my bro-in-law to get back from the shipyard night shifts and, when I was sleeping over at her house, she used to make me stay up way past bedtime only if I promised to keep her company and watch Charlie Chan and Creature Feature with her...that's how I GOT initiated to CC:)Smile
changeling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top