Nictzin Dyalhis cont'd:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nictzin Dyalhis cont'd:

Post by karlpov on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 pm

The Golden Age of Weird Fiction Megapack, Vol. 4: Nictzin Dyalhis

More typos from "The Sea Witch":

In part0003.html, look for "testily" (second occurrence):

<p class="normal1">“Michael Commnenus,” I stated again, a trifle testily. “And you needn’t shout! What’s he done   but again she interrupted, speaking her archaic Norsk:</p>

should be:

<p class="normal1">“Michael Commnenus,” I stated again, a trifle testily. “And you needn’t shout! What’s he done—” but again she interrupted, speaking her archaic Norsk:</p>

Look for "dislike":

<p class="normal1">“I will be frank—I even hope that she noticed me and read my admiration without dislike. Perhaps two minds can reach each other—sometimes. For invariably I see her with head thrown back, her eyes half closed, and her arms held out as if calling me to come to her. And if I knew her whereabouts I’d most certainly go, nor would I be ‘trifling,’ where she is concerned. I want to win her, if possible, as my wife; and an emperor should be proud to call her that  </p>

should be:

<p class="normal1">“I will be frank—I even hope that she noticed me and read my admiration without dislike. Perhaps two minds can reach each other—sometimes. For invariably I see her with head thrown back, her eyes half closed, and her arms held out as if calling me to come to her. And if I knew her whereabouts I’d most certainly go, nor would I be ‘trifling,’ where she is concerned. I want to win her, if possible, as my wife; and an emperor should be proud to call her that—”</p>

Look for "tinted":

<p class="normal1">The living body never moved, but from out its mouth emerged a faint silvery-tinted vapor flowing toward the Alruna-maid, and as it came, the violet glow diminished. The accumulating sit-very mist swirled and writhed, perceptibly taking on the semblance of the body from whence it was being extracted. There remained finally but a merest thread of silvery shimmer connecting soul and body. Heldra spoke beneath her breath:</p>

should be:

<p class="normal1">The living body never moved, but from out its mouth emerged a faint silvery-tinted vapor flowing toward the Alruna-maid, and as it came, the violet glow diminished. The accumulating silvery mist swirled and writhed, perceptibly taking on the semblance of the body from whence it was being extracted. There remained finally but a merest thread of silvery shimmer connecting soul and body. Heldra spoke beneath her breath:</p>
karlpov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top