Wildside Press
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder in Trinidad

3 posters

Go down

Murder in Trinidad Empty Murder in Trinidad

Post by John Cucinotta Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 pm

I have been searching for a DVD copy of this film for a long time.  I have checked the usual Internet sources, as well as some of the "gray market" people that I have known over the years.  Apparently this movie is not "lost" but is just very hard to find.   Does anyone have any leads on this?

John Cucinotta

Back to top Go down

Murder in Trinidad Empty Re: Murder in Trinidad

Post by Bruce R Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

This is certainly a tough one, John.  

At first I though I had it but it was AFFAIR IN TRINIDAD.

Couldn't find it online anywhere and I checked with two collectors I used to trade with and they don't have it either.  

It seems TCM has a copy but it's not programmed to be shown.   And it doesn't seem you can sign up to be reminded until it is programmed to be shown.

You are right that it probably isn't "lost" because countless films have turned up that were previously thought lost.

I'll certainly make a post if I get a copy or find out that it will be aired.

Bruce R

Bruce R

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cucinotta Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks for the information, Bruce.  I always wanted to see this movie for several reasons.  It stars Nigel Bruce, best known to us as "Dr. Watson" from Sherlock Holmes movies, appearing in a lead role without Basil Rathbone.  Also, I read that this movie was the inspiration for "Mr. Moto in Danger Island" with Peter Lorre, and it would be interesting to compare the two films.   Hopefully someone will have a lead on where a copy of the movie is available.

John Cucinotta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Ellis Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:26 am

Yes this film has never been shown in recent years (except in theatres such as at the Stanford Theatre in 2015 [on a double bill with Black Camel!] during a series on Fox films to 1935) -- perhaps there are copyright issue that are stopping it from being shown on TV as it never has to my knowledge. Chris.

Chris Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down